Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hearty Chili

Are you a Chili lover? You are not alone! I just made one of my best batches of chili to date! On a week when our almost 1 year old is having molar teething pain, this bowl of comfort couldn't have happened at a better time :-)

So here ya have it:
-1 large can of plain Tomato Sauce (NOT pasta sauce, simply pureed tomato's) 
-1/4 cup of uncooked Quinoa
-1 large can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
-1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
-1 pound cooked and drained ground beef
-2tblsp of Chili powder
-1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced small
-A handful of onion flakes
-A dash of garlic powder
-red pepper flakes to taste (I like to let each person add there own due to a sensitive toddler mouth in our household )

I simply toss all of these ingredients into my crockpot on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours). How easy of a weeknight dinner is that?!
Here's one satisfied "I love momma's chili" face! :-D




No comments:

Post a Comment