Saturday, January 23, 2016

My Baby Turned One Last Week

So yes, the day has come that Savannah-Boo has turned one whole year old! Who can imagine that, certainly not me! Some days it is hard for me to imagine her being here let alone being one! We prayed for this sweet girl and hoped God would give us a daughter half as loving and zealous as she is,,, we kind of hit the baby jackpot ;-)
She had an absolutely wonderful Birthday week and party complete with her Mimi and Grampa coming all the way from South Carolina to spend it with her <3. At her party she enjoyed the apprx 30 people that came to celebrate with her and she was such a social butterfly, but I am not surprised! She had bunches of baby friends attend and they all seemed to have a great time! Of course, my phone died the morning of so I have few pictures but will be receiving some soon. Her party was cupcake themed and was complete with four different cupcake flavors and of course a very special cake just for her. I made them all and was loving every minute of creating them, finally, for my own sweet daughter! I made most of the decor and food myself but our amazing family pitched in too and it went so much smoother! I found some Pinterest tutorials for some decor but a lot was just a vision in my mind of what it should look like. I can't wait for the challenge of the years to come where she can pick her own theme and then I have to figure it out. It's kind of exciting really, for someone who likes to create! 
After the party we were so tuckered out! All of us ;-) But it was a fantastic day that wouldn't be traded for anything, celebrating our precious daughter <3

This was the Fireplace decor. String lights, Scrapbook paper turned streamer banner, and some foam board all decked out!

 Some sweet pictures strung along the ledge in our kitchen. I am leaving these bad boys up for a while! I love looking at them but Savannah gets a kick out of it too!
 This was my Pinterest tutorial gone awesome! A cupcake liner wreath! And I found those sweet gel clings at Target in the $1 section <3 Here's the link for this awesome wreath tutorial: http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2012/02/cheerful-wreath-from-cupcake-liners.html?utm_source=feedburner&amp;amp;amp;utm_medium=feed&amp;amp;amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+ImperfectHomemaking+(The+Com
                                        
This is another ledge in my kitchen that always has Savannah stuff on it :)

And of course my sweet girl on her actual Birthday! Instead of opening her gifts she thought it was pretty awesome she was a "Biggie enough" girl to climb on them. I'll tell ye folks, she sure is a monkey!! 

So there ya have it. I can remember the day of her birth like it was yesterday and I will cherish it in my heart forever. That was the day I became the mommy to the very sweetest, sunshine-y, energetic, dramatic, silly girl in the whole world. Josh and I are having a blast with Savannah and I just couldn't imagine how boring my life would be without her around. Granted, I am sure I wouldn't be so exhausted ;-) At one year old Savannah is 22.5lbs, 31 1/4 inches, and is in size 18m clothing. She wears a whopping size 6 shoe an 2-3T socks. Her days involve, dollies, kitties, laughing, cuddles, Sofia, SNACKS, napping and helping mommy. She loves to go to Grammy and Pappy's, go to the store, cuddle with daddy, play with Sass,  and play with her friends. She just learned how to give real kisses, hug, and blow kisses. She can also walk, get on chairs, climb, brush her teeth, clap, high five, say "sass" and understand many things! She's absolutely blooming into a gorgeous girl and we are so grateful to God for His amazing gifts and timing <3 
"Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth." Psalm 127:4

-Your friend, Alicia :)





No comments:

Post a Comment