Wednesday, February 17, 2016

TESTIFY!


THIS RIGHT HERE.


So in the past week or so God has been using me... and I couldn't be more excited! I work in Home Health and in a Pregnancy Resource Center. These jobs really just help me use the gifts God has given me for His glory. Every day I am amazed at how God blesses me with the people I serve <3 

I recently spoke with someone who was unhappy with their current church. They loved the people there but there was nothing age appropriate, nothing for their kids, etc. They just felt like they didn't fit in. But like most people, they had been attending for a while and did not want to leave even though they were not getting spiritually fed. I encouraged this person to even just check out a new church, any church (that loves Jesus), for a midweek study, women's group, etc. Just to see how it would be, how they fit in, to get new opportunities for their kids, etc. A few weeks later I spoke with this person again and they were lit up with joy and poured out to me about this great news- they found the church God wanted them at! They attended a church and while there they went for an alter call... the Pastor's wife came up to them and said "God wants me to tell you this is your church now" BAM!What! Jesus wins again!! MULTIPLE others told her the very same thing! How exciting! The joy while she shared this testimony was so undeniable. I got shivers as she told me! For me, I just feel so honored that God allowed me to help plant this seed and be a part of something huge <3 To be where God wants you, so you can grow in your relationship with him, THAT is life changing! 

In home health I see some amazing elderly people- they are so sweet and heart warming. They touch my heart all the time and I don't think they even know it. A couple weeks ago I was seeing my sweet client friend and I love to read scriptures with her (she is also a strong believer). I read her scriptures or devotions and we talk and she started to cry and told me she was so happy we did this together because no one else likes to talk about it much and she thinks its so nice. THAT. That is why I do what I do. My jobs are just opportunities to share God's love. to be His hands and feet. 

Many days I am doing paperwork, cleaning microwaves, giving baths, talking about bowel movements, talking about menstrual cycles, making beds, etc. etc. and ya know what? THAT is being the hands and feet of God. I feel absolutely honored and blessed that God has faith in me to entrust me with all these beautiful souls. That He would choose to use me.... that is mind blowing. "God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called." 
THINK ABOUT IT.

God totally has a plan for you and he wants you to be His hands and feet, where you are, right now. Take your opportunities, and use them for His glory. Every moment of the day is an opportunity to serve, show love, and be an example of Christ. Are you up for the challenge? When you change the way you look at life, I promise, your life changes in amazing ways and God will begin to use you like never before! 

-From my heart, Alicia <3


No comments:

Post a Comment